Fire inflicts damage of over Rs 10 million at NEA supply house
Apr 7, 2016- A fire that engulfed the power supply house of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), Taulihawa Branch last night has inflicted loss worth over Rs 10 million.
The electric short circuit caused fire outbreak in the powerhouse at 2.00 am last night, said Chief of NEA Taulihawa Branch Narayan Aryal.
The fire that gutted six panels was taken under control at 4.00 am this morning, said the NEA sources.
With the massive fire in the electric power house the power supply to Taulihawa, Marjadpur, Pakadi and Jahadip under the Taulihawa branch has been disrupted.
The NEA has said that the power supply disruption will continue for today and tomorrow.
Locals in the surrounding of the electricity office have been terrified since the fire outbreak, said Krishna Murari Gupta of Kapilvastu municipality-5. RSS